On a day when the Narendra Modi government rolled out the Goods and Services Tax (GST), touted to be the country's "biggest tax reform" since Indian independence, the extra expenditure made many Indians unhappy. While some came up with their own wicked full forms for GST, others complained about the extra pinch on their pockets.
1. The every day increase counts.
2. Are these the "achhe din"?
3. Hard-earned money.
— BALAJI (@bal_kanduri) July 1, 2017
4. Comparing it to British raaj.
— sumit jain (@sumitjain24) July 1, 2017
5. Calling it "robbery".
6. Straight to political leaders.
7. Comparing it to value of goods.
8. Resorting to sarcasm.
Newly born GST is twins— Sarcasm™ (@SarcasticRofl) July 1, 2017
Stay tuned, our gormint still in labour room
fingers crossed for cricket team 😹 pic.twitter.com/lEg4eAp0DV
However, not everyone mirrors this anger. Some Indians proudly shared their bill, believing the GST to be a positive step.
9. Subscribing to Modi's 'Team India' spirit.
Some Jokers were saying Traders are not ready for this.— Anshu Vats🌠 (@Anshu_Vats1) July 1, 2017
Guys If one Dhaba can be GST Complaint then Come On !! Why were you crying?🇮🇳 pic.twitter.com/9KOMYUti1W
10. 'A brighter India'.Suggest a correction