Sundays can transform into fun days if men decide to cook breakfast for their families. It not only gives the ladies a much deserved break, the exercise can be soothing and relaxing for men as well.
The men don't have to prepare anything elaborate because the family is not expecting it. By trial and error method, and a little love and creativity, a simple dish can also taste like heaven.
Here are the top 7 reasons why men should cook Sunday breakfasts.
- To show the family that they care. Everyone needs pampering after all. The wife / mother has toiled all through the week. Now is the time to give her a break.
- To discover their creative side. The exercise of cooking demands to be creative. How best to use the ingredients that are available, how to chop them, mix the right quantity, and finally, the presentation.
- To learn something that can be of value in the absence of the lady of the house (she could also go on business trips or could be unwell). No need to depend on unhealthy fast food or lousy take-aways.
- A new cook in a kitchen always adds the right amount of mystery to the eating experience, and more often than not, it is a good one for the family.
- It's far more economical to cook at home than to drive the family to a hotel for Sunday brunch. Saves on petrol + food bill + ever-increasing taxes levied on both.
- If the food is not good enough, the idea is still unbeatable--the family ends up losing weight.
- To set a good example for children, as cooking and feeding should not be gender specific in the modern times when everyone is working the same hours.