Adulting (v): to do grown-up things and hold responsibilities such as, a 9-5 job, a mortgage/rent, a car payment, or anything else that makes one think of grown-ups. (Source: UrbanDictionary)
’In other words, “Adulting” is an adjective that’s become synonymous with today’s 20-something-year-old. There probably hasn’t been a generation of 20-somethings as distinct from their predecessors as Indian Gen Z today. Gen Z never knew the world before the internet - before everything you could ever need was one click away. And that’s probably the reason why the older generation doesn’t take today’s 20-somethings very seriously and the pressure to “Adult” is real. But here are some interesting facts about Gen Z that makes them stand out from all the older generations:
● For young Indians in the ages of 18 to 25, “being myself” is the most important priority
● For those in the ages of 18 to 22, this is followed by making their parents proud (56%), building strong friendships (56%), finishing their education (52%) and exploring the world and meeting different people (42%).
● These priorities evolve somewhat for those in the age group of 22 to 25 years, with getting a good job becoming a key priority (56%). However, making their parents proud (54%) and building strong friendships (52%) remain strong priorities.
● This audience (18 to 25) also prioritize pursuing a career in a field they are passionate about, while also dating to learn more about themselves.
● 63% of women surveyed indicated their desire to work hard to achieve self-identified goals as a top priority, while 57% of women want to make their parents proud by working hard to achieve goals set for them by their parents.
We can only benefit from a generation that is so young and focused, but all this “Adulting” talk can put a damper on the zeal of Gen Z. While it’s great to work hard, sometimes Adulting Can Wait. Here’s the latest video by Tinder that perfectly sums up what we are trying to convey. Gen Z, if you’re reading this, live the #SwipeLife and enjoy this video.
Live your best life and discover people with similar interests on Tinder. Swipe Right today! https://tinder.com/?lang=en