Delhi reported 93 new cases on Wednesday taking the total number of infections to 669.
Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal said that wearing of facial masks has been made compulsory for anyone stepping out of their house. Cloth masks are also allowed. Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia said strict action would be taken against those not wearing masks while stepping out of their houses.
On the hotspots, Sisodia said: “Nobody will be allowed to enter or exit from these areas and the government will ensure delivery of essential items there, the deputy chief minister told reporters.
The 20 hotspots are:
1.Entire affected street near Gandhi Park, Malviya Nagar
2.Entire affected street of Gali No 6 , L 1 Sangam Vihar
3. Shahajahanabad society, plot no 1, Sector 11, Dwarka
4. Dinpur Village
5. Markaz Masjid and Nizamuddin Basti
6. Nizamuddin West (G and D block) areas
7. B Block Jhangirpuri.
8. H. No 141 to H. No 180, Gali no. 14, Kalyanpuri
9. Mansara Apartments, Vasundhara Enclave
10. 3 Galis of Khichirpur including Gali containing H. No. 5/387 Khichirpur
11. Gali No 9, Pandav Nagar
12. VarDhaman Apartments , Mayur Vihar, Phase I , Extension
13. Mayurdhwaj Apartments , I P Extension, Patparganj
14. Gali no. 4, from H. No. J- 3/115 (Nagar Dairy) to H. No. J- 3/108( towards Anar wali Masjid Chowk), Kishan Kunj Extension
15. Gali No. 4, from H. No J- 3/101 to H. No. J - 3/107 Krishan Kunj Extension
16. Gali No. 5, A Block (From H No. A- 176 to A-189), West Vinod Nagar
17. J & K , L and H pockets Dilshad Garden
18. G, H, J, Blocks of old Seemapuri
19. F- 70 to 90 block, Dilshad Colony
20. Pratap khand, Jhilmil Colony
(With PTI inputs)