The seven-phase elections begin on 11 April and end on 19 May.
To vote, you must be in the electoral roll of the Election Commission of India (EC). According to reports, the commission will publish the voting list on 31 January.
The Election Commission, according to The Hindu, has directed officials to identify logical errors and demographically similar entries in the rolls
Here’s how to check if your name is on the voter list:
- Go to the website of the National Voters’ Services Portal (NVSP).
- Go to its ‘electoral search’ page.
- You can either search by details or Elector’s Photo Identity Card (EPIC) number.
- In the ‘search by details’ option, fill in the required fields and click on ‘search’.
- In the search by EPIC number, fill in the number and your state and click on ‘search’. The number is printed on your voter id.
If your name is not in the electoral roll, here is how you can register to vote.