21/06/2018 10:10 AM IST | Updated 21/06/2018 10:11 AM IST

Ghaziabad Madrassa Rape Case: Chargesheet Reveals 10-Year-Old Was Sedated And Raped, Accused Destroyed Evidence

The police are yet to arrest two people involved in the case.

PUNIT PARANJPE via Getty Images
File photo.

In the chargesheet filed in the Ghaziabad madrassa rape case, the Special Task Force has said that the accused in the case drugged the 10-year-old girl, gangraped her and then destroyed evidence to save themselves.

The chargesheet filed before a court on Tuesday reveals that the accused lured the minor to an ice-cream parlour, kidnapped her and then took her to the madrassa.

According to a report in The Indian Express, the main accused first took the girl to the terrace of the madrassa where he asked her to hide, then he took her to the second floor after the cleric of the madrassa left.

The chargesheet reportedly said that only one accused in the case has been arrested and two others are still at large.

The accused who has been arrested was first thought to be a juvenile, but his bone ossification report found that he wasn't. He is said to be the one who lured the girl and brought her to the madrassa.

The chargesheet quoted in The Indian Express report states, "He offered her water laced with sedatives at night and she became unconscious, after which he and his friend allegedly raped her. With the intent to destroy evidence, he broke his and the girl's phones. The girl said in her statement under Section 164 of CrPC before a magistrate that he allegedly offered her water and she fell unconscious. In the morning, she woke up in pain and he asked her to change her dress after taking a bath."

The girl had gone missing on April 21 when she stepped out to buy something from a shop. The father of the girl reported it to the police who found her on April 22.

Despite the girl's phone being destroyed by the accused, the police were able to trace her back to the madrassa.

The girl, in her statement before a magistrate, said that the day she was kidnapped she got a call from her friend and then a boy who said was her friends brother. The boy lured her outside, first claiming the friend would also come to meet her but once she went out he kidnapped her and took her to the madrassa.