09/09/2017 1:34 PM IST | Updated 09/09/2017 2:07 PM IST

Gurugram School Management To Blame For Murder And Sexual Abuse Of 7-Year-Old Boy, Says Father

He has approached the police commissioner for action against Ryan International School management.

Hindustan Times via Getty Images
GURGAON, INDIA - SEPTEMBER 8: Vinod, father of the seven year old child was murdered in school, waits outside the mortuary for post mortem, on September 8, 2017 in Gurgaon, India.

(TRIGGER WARNING: The details of the crime described here are graphic in nature.)

A day after a seven-year-old boy was found murdered with his throat slit in his school washroom in Gurugram, Haryana, his father Vinod has approached the Gurugram police to take action against the management of Ryan International School for lax security.

The father reportedly gave a formal complaint to the Gurugram police commissioner against the school. He had dropped off his child at 7.30 am on Friday morning at the school, but the child was found murdered half an hour later in the school washroom. The police have arrested a bus conductor who is alleged to have tried to sexually assault the child in the school bathroom. The police believe he murdered the child after he resisted, stabbing him twice and then slitting his throat, severing the neck and ear. On Saturday, the conductor was sent on a three-day police remand.

"The school could not even ensure basic safety for my son, how will then parents send children to school?" asked the child's mother Jyoti in an interview to ANI. "My son did not even know the bus conductor as he never traveled in bus, we used to drop him and pick him."

Hindustan Times via Getty Images
Mother of the seven-year-old child in shock over the murder of her son on September 8, 2017 in Gurgaon, India.

The accused bus conductor has been identified as Ashok Kumar, 42. According to reports, other students of the school saw Kumar enter the washroom where the murder took place. Police have reportedly also got CCTV footage of Kumar entering the washroom. He had been working for the school for about six to eight months.

The school principal has been suspended following the incident and a special team is probing the incident, said cops. Angry parents protested outside the school following the incident. Shockingly, the conductor allegedly managed to smuggle the knife inside the school premises, pointing to lax security.

"We hold not only the killer but also those who let him inside the gate with a knife responsible for the killing of my son," the boy's father told The Indian Express.

The class 2 student had not wanted to go to school that day, The Indian Express reported.

Also On HuffPost:

Photo gallery Male Child Abuse Survivors See Gallery