It all started with a news report that said the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), the ideologue of the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has asked all Muslims to stop eating beef and adopt cows. Reportedly, this decision has BJP's full backing.
One man replied to this tweet saying that he didn't see anything wrong with the idea and felt that the whole debate was simply a ploy to "divide Indians".
Along came Rahul Motwani, whose Twitter intro says that he is a 'writer trapped inside an engineer'. "If a stranger comes to you and says adopt a chicken, take care of it, and should anything happen to the chicken you'll be held responsible," he explained.
But of course, it wasn't enough for the said Twitter user Sandeep Gudavalli, who instantly wanted to know the 10 uses of petting or adopting a chicken.
Motwani listed 10 uses of having a chicken for a pet, because, why ever not?
1. It makes for an amazing pet.
2. Personal insecticide
3. Personal alarm clock
4. Chickens are the dogs of the bird kingdom
5. You can make jokes that you have a personal chick.
6. You can ponder over what came first; chicken or egg?
7. Did you know if you rearrange all the continents of the world, they look like a chicken.
9. Start a poultry farm
10. Chicken makes for a delicious lunch and dinner option.
Obviously, this epic exchange was duly noted.
Some did not hesitate to welcome our new Chicken Overlord.
Also on HuffPost India