THIRUVANANTHAPURAM -- In Kerala, at least 400 CRPF jawans posted at Pallipuram in Thiruvananthapuram fell ill due to suspected food poisoning yesterday evening.
While nearly 200 jawans were admitted to the Thiruvananthapuram Medical College Hospital, the rest were treated at various other hospitals following complaints of upset stomach and vomiting after consuming food. Most of the jawans have been discharged.
Talking to media, Medical College superintendent said the situation is not alarming. State Health Minister K K Shylaja visited them at the hospital last night.
Most of the jawans were trainees who had come from different parts of the nation, and it is being said that those who consumed the fish during the dinner fell ill.
The CRPF has ordered a probe into the matter.
Also on HuffPost India