Season 10 of the controversial but popular reality TV show, Bigg Boss, concluded on Sunday with social media favourite Manveer Gurjar announced as the winner.
Gurjar, who hails from Noida, told IANS:
"Being a commoner, I did not expect to win the show as the house was full of celebs and influential people. However, my strategy was not to get afraid or influenced by them but to build up my image. So today if the audience voted me and made me a winner, it is because of my honesty and the real face that I projected in the show."
Gurjar was lauded for his honest and open approach on the show. Here are some key facts about him that you might not have known:
- His real name is Manoj Kumar Baisoya.
- He is from Noida and lives in a joint family comprising 49 members.
- He hails from an agricultural background and is a farmer by profession.
- He was a social media favourite soon after Big Boss began this season, as viewers liked his unassuming and straightforward demeanour.
- He underwent a personality transformation that transfixed viewers. From a bushy beard and plain kurtas, he graduated to a trim beard, shorter hair and a more ripped look.
- He is a kabaddi enthusiast.
Along with the title, Gurjar received a cash prize of ₹40 lakh out of which he has pledged to donate fifty per cent of the amount to host Salman Khan's Being Human charity foundation.
He told PTI:
"My father had come to meet me inside the house. There are a lot of things which people can't get. Inside the house we also got some gifts from 'Being Human' through Salman. So, we thought what better a stage to do this. It was my father's decision. This is my first salary in a way which I've earned. Money can come and go but this feels good."
(With agency inputs)
Also On HuffPost: