If there's one thing that India has got on point, time and time again, it is our fashion sense. We have what it takes to be fashion forward, with our beautiful fabrics and intricate designs. So much so, that whenever the West feels the need to plus up their plain chiffon gowns, they just add a little ethnic bling to their outfit and voilà, they have one trendy gown at their disposal. The combination of ethnic and modern has been in fashion since time immemorial and will continue to be for a long, long time to come. So here are some fusion outfits that bring out the best of both the worlds:
1. A crop top with a flowing lehenga - What's not to love about this outfit? After all, it's got the comfort of a crop top (which is the trendiest thing these days) and the elegance of a flowy lehenga.
2. Sporting a dhoti with a blazer - A brilliant combination like this adds the right kind of swag to your style statement.
3. Akurta with a high-low seam teamed with a pair of palazzos – This outfit brings out the elegance of an Indian suit while keeping the fashion quotient intact!
4. A dhoti pant with brogues – What do you get when you combine two unlikely things? Some serious #fashiongoals!
5. The very fashionable combination of a saree with a peplum top – Very edgy and bohemian, this outfit is ideal for someone who likes to break boundaries with their experimental style.
6. An Anarkali dress– The best thing about this outfit is that it can be worn as a dress or as an Anarkali kurta under a pair palazzo pants or leggings.
7. A long kurta with a skirt – Comfortable and airy, this outfit can work well in either a casual or a formal setting.
8. A saree with a crop top – Elegant, sophisticated, trendy and super edgy – that's what defines this outfit.
9. Teaming up a spaghettiwith a lehenga – Sexy and sultry, what more does one need for an outfit?
10. A formal shirt with a flowing skirt – A chic combo that will amplify your style statement like never before!
Ethnic Indian outfits are slowly merging in with the modern and this beautiful marriage is going to dominate the runway for a long time to come. India is reinventing ethnic like never before, so make sure you remain on top of your fashion game with AJIO. To get the most stylish ethnic outfits that are modern in their own right, click here.