MUMBAI -- In a startling revelation during his cross examination presently underway in a Mumbai sessions court, 26/11 operative David Coleman Headley has said that Hafiz Saeed, chief of Jama'at-ud-Da'wah (JuD) wanted to teach Shiv Sena supremo a 'lesson' for which Headley asked for 'six months' to complete the task.
In the cross examination which has entered its fourth day today, Headley also said that he had visited the Sena Bhawan and the residence of Thackeray to do recce.
Here are the top developments so far:
- I visited Sena Bhavan and residence of Bal Thackeray to do a surveillance where I met some of the guards at the gates of the perimeter of his residence.
- I also did surveillance on the CBI HQ Tanna House and Maharashtra Assembly but not on the Israel Embassy.
- During my interrogation, NIA was showing me photographs with names on them. They showed me around 6-7 photographs, but after US prosecutor's objection, they started showing me photographs without names.
- But it is not correct that I identified photos in this court on the basis of those photos shown to me by NIA.
- Lakhvi introduced me to Muzammil Bhatt in 2006 as a top commander of LeT and told me that he has done Akshardham and Ishrat Jahan cases
- Lakhvi told me about Ishrat Jahan case but I was having prior knowledge about it through newspapers.
- NIA has recorded my statement in different words what I told them. I never told NIA that Lakhvi introduced me to Muzammil as a top commander whose every big operation was a fail.
- I can't explain why NIA did not record my statement in exact words. They never read out that statement to me after recording.
- How can I explain why someone else made a mistake (on why NIA did not record his statement in his exact words)
- I didn't tell NIA that Lakhvi sarcastically told me that Muzammil was a top commander whose operations were a failure.
- Yes, I told NIA that there was a women wing in LeT and Mother of Abu Aiman was the head of that.
Abdul Wahab Khan, the lawyer of Sayed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal, one of the prime accused in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack is cross-examining Headley and Special Public Prosecutor in the case Ujjwal Nikam is also present.
This is a developing story. More details to follow.
Also see on HuffPost: