09/12/2015 3:42 PM IST | Updated 15/07/2016 8:25 AM IST

Trafficked 18-Year-Old Woman Unable To Sit, Walk Or Talk After Being Raped Repeatedly For 6 Months

Hindustan Times via Getty Images
NEW DELHI, INDIA - OCTOBER 18: AISA (All India Students' Association) Students protest against the Delhi Police over the recent horrific twin rape cases of minors in the national capital, at Police Headquarters, on October 18, 2015 in New Delhi, India. The two-year-old was abducted from a religious event in west Delhi by two men on Friday night and raped before being dumped in a park near her home. In a separate incident on the same day, a five-year-old was also raped allegedly by three men in east Delhi, girl was reportedly alone at home when one of the accused, took her to his house and then allegedly raped her along with his friends. (Photo by Raj K Raj/Hindustan Times via Getty Images)

An 18-year-old girl is currently battling for her life in Delhi’s Guru Tej Bahadur Hospital after being sexually assaulted allegedly 10 times a day for over six months, according to reports.

Unable to sit, walk or even talk, the girl, according to the Hindustan Times, is battling septic arthritis and infections.

She was allegedly trafficked from West Bengal last year and since then she has been allegedly taken to several locations across the country, including Rishikesh, Haridwar, Manali, and Mangalore where she was beaten up on resisting rape.

Doctors are alleging the cause of her deteriorating health, and infections to be these repeated sexual assaults: “The girl has been diagnosed with septic arthritis, and displayed visible lacerations in and around her mouth consistent with gag wounds,” said Ravi Kanth, president of Shakti Vahini, an NGO who have been trying to locate the girl since April when she went missing.

“She lies in a critical state, unable to make use of her lower limbs. The victim has reported about sexual abuse and multiple sexual assaults over the last six months. She has also reported about her being used in prostitution rackets,” he revealed, also disclosing that the NGO only came to know about the girls whereabouts on Monday by the Kolkata police.

The NGO, according to a report by India Today has helped the Kolkata police identify and arrest the accused who was responsible for trafficking the girl. Eventually, she is to be escorted from Delhi to Kolkata by a team of police for further action in the case.

Contact HuffPost India

Also See On HuffPost:

Photo gallery Literary Wars See Gallery