03/11/2015 3:38 PM IST | Updated 15/07/2016 8:25 AM IST

Sheena Bora Murder Case: Indrani Mukerjea Agrees To A Voice Sample Test

Mint via Getty Images
MUMBAI, INDIA - APRIL 18: Indrani Mukerjea, Founder & CEO, INX Media Pvt. Ltd. and Chairperson, INX News Pvt. Ltd. poses for a profile shoot on April 18, 2008 in Mumbai, India. (Photo by Madhu Kapparath/Mint via Getty Images)

MUMBAI -- Indrani Mukerjea, the prime accused in Sheena Bora murder case, today gave her consent before a court here for conduct of voice sample test on her.

"I give my consent for the test," she told the court.

CBI had last week moved an application before the court seeking her voice samples for verification, as it has got hold of some call records which purportedly feature her voice.

Magistrate R V Adone allowed CBI's application and directed that jail manual be followed while conducting the voice sampling test.

Soon after she was produced in court today, the magistrate referred to the CBI plea, to which Indrani asked, "What is it about? This is to match with what?"

The court then asked her to wait for the special public prosecutor to arrive.

Once special public prosecutor Kavita Patil arrived, she repeated the questions.

"I will give my consent, but I want to know that this (voice sample test) is to match with what?" she asked.

Patil told Indrani that her voice samples are needed to match with some voices.

When Indrani sought to know more, Patil told her she was not supposed to know it and that it was part of the investigation.

After this, Indrani gave her consent in writing for conduct of voice sample test on her.

43-year-old Indrani, her former husband Sanjeev Khanna and her driver Shyam Rai were last week remanded in judicial custody till November 7 in the murder case.

They have been arrested on the charge of murdering 24-year-old Sheena, daughter of Indrani, and disposing of her body in a Raigad forest in April 2012.

The case is being probed by CBI after the Maharashtra government had sought its transfer from Mumbai Police to the central investigation agency.

Indrani was recently hospitalised after her platelet count dipped drastically. However, doctors at JJ Hospital had later made it clear that she was not suffering from dengue as suspected.

On October 2, Indrani was taken to JJ Hospital from Byculla womens' prison in an unconscious state, fuelling speculation that she had overdosed on anti-depressant drugs.

But the probe by Inspector General (prisons) ruled out the possibility of drug overdose, poisoning or suicide bid.

Contact HuffPost India

Also see on HuffPost:

Photo gallery Jayalalithaa Disproportionate Assets Case: Timeline Of Events See Gallery
US Election
The latest polls, breaking news and analysis on the 2020 US presidential election from HuffPost