Veteran actor Nana Patekar is back in theatres this week with Ab Tak Chhappan 2, reprising his role of top encounter cop Sadhu Agashe from 2004's Ab Tak Chhappan. This will be the 64-year-old, Padma-Shri-award-winning actor's first Bollywood release since the forgettable The Attacks Of 26/11, which released in early 2013.
While the well-received original was directed by Shimit Amin, who later went on to make Chak De! India (2007) and Rocket Singh: Salesman Of The Year (2009), this sketchy-looking sequel has been directed by debutant Aejaz Gulab, whose IMDB profile reveals an exhaustive body of work in the stunts department of many films since the mid-'90s.
While the film may or may not live up to its predecessor, we took the liberty of coming up with 7 gifs from the fiery actor's illustrious career that are applicable in all our daily lives.
1. When you stumble upon an ongoing flame war on Facebook and debate whether to comment or not.
"Should I even bother?"
2. When dad sees your report card and decides to 'discuss your marks' with you.
"Beta, aise marks laakar engineer kaise banoge?"
3. When you're sick and tired of people telling you what to do with your life.
"NAHI BANNA ENGINEER I HAVE THE SOUL OF AN ARTIST I WILL TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS WITH MY DSLR AND LIVE IN PRAGUE KYA UKHAAD LOGEY AAP LOG"
4. When brands try to 'have a conversation' with you on social media.
"Hi there! We at WearYourSwag dot com would love to give you a 10% discount on our exclusive Batman tees! All you need to do is tweet with the hashtag #AajKiRaatSwagRaat!"
5. When friends drag you to a nightclub against your will.
"One Thums Up, please. On the rocks."
6. When you see Facebook friends taking Subramaniam Swamy's posts seriously.
"Iss desh ka kuchh nahi ho sakta."
(We <3 you, Nana. Never change.)