Angry, emotional and completely heartfelt - these 11 cartoons from the top editorial cartoonists of the world clearly express the words millions around the world are struggling to form in the face of the mindless violence Paris witnessed yesterday.
The assassination of their colleagues at the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo prompted the cartoonists at various media outlets around the world to come together in grief and do what they are best at - draw cartoons defying extremists who they said will not silence their right to express.
These images have one adage to prove - the pen is indeed mightier than the sword.
- Dave Brown, The Independent
- Rob Tornoe, Philadelphia Inquirer
- Macleod, Evansville Courier and Press
- Plantu, France
- Joep Bertams, Netherlands
- Jean Jullien, France
- Nono, Le Télégramme
- Tommy Dessine, France
- Ann Telneas, The Washington Post
- David Pope, The Canberra Times
- Tom Toles, The Washington Post