If you thought last year was spectacular for the movies with reboots of Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Rocky and sequels of Avengers, James Bond, Mission Impossible, trust me when I say this: 2015 stands pale in comparison to what 2016 has lined up for us.
There's so much happening! There are movies by DC, Marvel, Martin Scorsese, Ang Lee, Richard Linklater, Anurag Kashyap, Vishal Bharadwaj and so many more!
So here's the ultimate guide to the 100 MOST AWAITED FILMS OF 2015. Since this is a list of movies I'm most excited about as a movie buff, your order (and amount of excitement) for these may be different, but you'll find all the films to watch out for here. If you agree/disagree with the list or still think there are films I missed out (although there are some that have been left out on purpose) do give a shout out in the comments. In any case, I'd love to know what your order is. Check 'em out:
THE 25 MOST ANTICIPATED HOLLYWOOD FILMS
2. Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice: Because Batman vs. Superman! What part of that doesn't excite you?
3. Everybody Wants Some: Because Richard Linklater is back with a "spiritual sequel" to Dazed and Confused and I WANTS SOME!
4. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: Because JK Rowling! And magic! And wizardry! Accio Release Date!
5. The Nice Guys: Because the guy who made Kiss Kiss Bang Bang teams up with the guy who was in LA Confidential and the guy who was in Drive and this looks like it will be one of my all-time favourites.
6. Suicide Squad: Because, to quote David Ayer, "Enough of Good vs. Evil, it's time for Bad vs. Evil.' Also, Joker + Harley Quinn = WIN!
7. The Magnificent Seven: Because Chris Pratt and Denzel Washington and Ethan Hawke and Peter Sarsgaard and Matt Bomer and Vince D'Onofrio star in this remake! Why is this not making more news?
8. Doctor Strange: Because Benedict Cumberbatch is Doctor Strange and that's the only reason I forgive Marvel for not casting Keanu Reeves in it.
9. Captain America: Civil War: Because it should have been the most exciting movie of the year but the trailer didn't live up but I still have hopes because WARRRRRRR.
10. X-Men: Apocalypse: Because though I'm not a Bryan Singer fan, Oscar Isaac as the villain is such fantastic news.
11. Kung Fu Panda 3: Because GET, SET, PO!!!
12. Bourne 5: Because Matt Damon is back! Paul Greengrass is back! Julia Stiles is back! I can't stop with the exclamations!
13. The Jungle Book: Because even though I'm looking forward to Jungle Book: Origins more (because Andy Serkis), Bill Murray and Idris Elba on this makes it unmissable.
14. Warcraft: Because though I haven't played the game, Duncan Jones (of Moon and Source Code fame) helming it makes me think that this will probably be better than anyone's expecting it to be.
15. The Circle: Because James Ponsoldt, an international treasure where I'm concerned, directs Tom Hanks, Emma Watson and John Boyega, so how are more people not dying to see this?
16. Gambit: Because Channing Tatum as a superhero is dope, yo.
17. The Great Wall: Because Matt Damon and Pedro Pascal star in a film directed by Yimou Zhang and this could totally be the event movie of the year.
18. Ice Age: Collision Course: Because this is my favourite animated series of all time (yes, of all time).
19. La La Land: Because the Whiplash director returns with a jazz musical starring Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling and there is no way he could have topped himself on paper.
20. Passengers: Because America's sweethearts Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence star so this better be the movie of the year.
21. Zoolander No. 2: Because BLUE STEEL FACE (And that Benedict Cumberbatch cameo!).
22. Assassin's Creed: Because Michael Fassbender stars and there is no reason greater than that.
23. Arms and the Dudes: Because Jonah Hill and Miles Teller together in a Todd Philips movie is bound to be the dude movie of the year.
24. Star Trek Beyond: Because they should have ended with the last one but with Justin Lin attached, the series could Live Long and Prosper.
25. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story: Because Gareth Edwards' Godzilla was one of the worst blockbusters I've ever seen so I have no idea how this will turn out, although it's got a great cast so may the force be with it.
THE 15 MOST ANTICIPATED INDIAN FILMS
1. Rangoon: Because Vishal Bharadwaj is making a Casablanca-like love story featuring Kangana Ranaut along with Shahid "Kaminey" Kapoor and Saif Ali "Langda Tyagi" Khan.
2. Dangal: Because Aamir Khan.
3. Raman Raghav 2.0: Because Anurag Kashyap is going back to his indie thriller roots with this one.
4. Ae Dil Hai Mushkil: Because Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma come together for a Karan Johar film -- this could just be the rom-com of the year.
5. Fan: Because have you seen Shah Rukh Khan's Gaurav?
6. Kapoor & Sons: Because Shakun Batra's Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu was a lovely, lovely film about love, and this one has Alia Bhatt and Fawad Khan so it should be a cracker.
7. Udta Punjab: Because Abhishek Chaubey has pulled in a stellar star cast in Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt and Kareena Kapoor (Alia and Kareena together, whaaat?), set against the backdrop of the drug trade in Punjab.
8. Raees: Because SRK looks like a badass and him facing off against Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Farhan Akhtar is going to be a treat to watch.
9. Ki & Ka: Because the first stills look absolutely amazing and Balki looks set to charm the hell out of us... and also, does Kareena Kapoor look ravishing or what!
10. Dhoni: Because Neeraj Pandey has not set a foot wrong so far and Sushant Singh Rajput is going to play Dhoni like a champ.
11. Manmarziyan: Because Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana was an underrated gem, and I can't wait to watch Ayushmann-Bhumi again on screen.
12. Mohenjadaro: Because Ashutosh Gowarikar directs Hrithik Roshan again, and hopefully this film will not be as long as the time between that age and ours.
13. Mirziya: Because Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra is a fantastic director and from everything I've read about Harshvardan Kapoor, his sensibilities seem on point (he assisted Anurag Kashyap!).
14. Sultan: Because last year, with Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Salman Khan chose a great script after years, and Anushka Sharma has been known to handpick the right projects, so this could just turn out to be a pleasant surprise.
15. Bank Chor: Because with two successful online series in Man's World and Bang Baaja Baaraat, Y-Films is on the path of resurgence and Riteish Deshmukh and Vivek Oberoi in a bank heist comedy should be great fun. (Also, it's a total coincidence that I'm the creative executive producer of this movie!)
THE 10 MOST ANTICIPATED HOLLYWOOD DRAMAS
1. Silence: Because Martin Scorsese directs Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver and Liam Neeson in this historical drama.
2. The BFG: Because Steven Spielberg is making a family film after ages and this one's adapted from a Roald Dahl book!
Steven Spielberg is making a family film after ages and this one's [The BFG] adapted from a Roald Dahl book!
3. Story of Your Life: Because Denis Villeneuve directs Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner and Michael Stuhlbarg in a sci fi drama about aliens landing on earth.
4. The Free State of Jones: Because Matthew McConaughey is starring in this civil war drama from the writer of Big and Seabiscuit.
5. Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk: Because Ang Lee directs a script from Simon Beaufoy (of Slumdog Millionaire) that stars a cast featuring Vin Diesel, Chris Tucker, Garrett Hedlund and Kristen Stewart.
6. The Accountant: Because the director of Warrior, Gavin O'Connor, directs Ben Affleck and Anna Kendrick in an action thriller and that's all we need to know.
7. Demolition: Because the ever-dependable Jake Gyllenhaal co-stars with the ever-dependable Naomi Watts in a drama by Jean-Marc Vallee.
8. Sully: Because Clint Eastwood is still going strong at 85 and this time directs a film (based on the autobiography of Chelsey Sullenberger) starring Tom Hanks about a pilot who landed a plane on water, saving lives.
9. Money Monster: Because Jodie Foster directs, George Clooney and Julia Roberts star, and it is a political thriller.
10. Snowden: Because it is a biographical drama from the king of biographical dramas, Oliver Stone, about Edward Snowden, starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
THE 10 MOST ANTICIPATED 'SUMMER' FILMS
1. Jack Reacher: Never Go Back: Because although not a summer release, Tom Cruise reunites with Edward Zwick after The Last Samurai... actually just because Tom Cruise.
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows: Because the first installment was thoroughly enjoyable, so let's hope there's more cowabunga, dude!
3. Pride and prejudice and Zombies: Because what a bloody insane cast with Matt Smith, Charles Dance, Jack Huston, Lena Headey, Sam Riley, and Lily James and what a crazy ass idea.
4. The Huntsman: Winter's War: Because even though the first part, well, sucked, this one has Emily Blunt (and Jessica Chastain!) and we all know Emily Blunt can do no wrong now.
5. Inferno: Because in spite of Dan Brown, anything Tom Hanks does is immensely watchable -- plus this has Irrfan Khan too.
6. Independence Day: Resurgence: Because though I'm sorely disappointed that this has no Will Smith, it's got the same director and well, Jeff Goldblum again, so fingers crossed.
7. The Legend of Tarzan: Because Margot Robbie as Jane!
8. Jumanji: Because our childhoods are back!
9. Now You See Me 2: Because basically they've got Daniel Radcliffe to star in another movie about magic and that deserves nothing but respect.
10. Ben-Hur: Because in spite of zero buzz, Jack Huston as Ben-Hur is fascinating casting, and there's also Morgan Freeman and Toby Kebell, so let's hope it's "epic".
THE 10 MOST ANTICIPATED HOLLYWOOD THRILLERS
1. High-Rise: Because Ben Wheatley (Kill List) directs Tom Hiddlestone and Elisabeth Moss and a fantastic concept of class war in a high rise and I simply cannot wait.
2. John Wick 2: Because come on!
3. Triple 9: Because another fabulous trailer, Lawless director John Hillcoat at its helm and a crazy ass cast in Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, Aaron Paul, Norman Reedus and Kate Winslet.
4. Midnight Special: Because Jeff Nichols is special and when he teams up with Michael Shannon for a sci-fi thriller again, it will be even more special, and when the cast has Adam Driver, Joel Edgerton and Kirsten Dunst, you know this is going to be a must watch.
5. Green Room: Because it's from the director of Blue Ruin, it's got enormous festive buzz and because Patrick Stewart fights off neo-Nazis!
6. Free Fire: Because there will be one more Ben Wheatley crime thriller this year with another amazing cast that includes Sharlto Copey, Armie Hammer, Brie Larson and Cillian Murphy.
7. The Witch: Because it's got better reviews than any other horror film in recent history.
8. The Purge 3: Because this film has been my guilty pleasure for two installments now and I can bet part three will not let me down either.
9. The Girl On The Train: Because the novel's supposed to be as good as Gone Girl and this one stars Emily Blunt (who can do no wrong) and Rebecca Ferguson of Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation (yes, her!) so this could be gooood.
10. The Neon Demon: Because Nicolas Winding Refn directs Keanu Reeves in a thriller shot at 60 fps, are you kidding me?
THE 10 MOST ANTICIPATED HOLLYWOOD COMEDIES
1. Life on the Road: Because Ricky Gervais's David Brent is back and is on the road with a band so this will be amazing!
2. Ghostbusters: Because Paul Feig directs Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig again so this is obviously going to be a comedy classic.
3. The Brothers Grimsby: Because Sacha Baron Cohen and Mark Strong play estranged brothers, one of whom becomes a spy and the other a village idiot and then they meet again and this is just going to be hilarious amiright?
4. Central Intelligence: Because The Rock and Kevin Hart come together in an action comedy and I repeat: The ROCK and KEVIN HART come together in an ACTION COMEDY!
5. Keanu: Because Key & Peele make their big screen debut so how are you not jumping with joy already?
6. Conner4real: Because The Lonely Island are writing and starring in this movie and there is no information about it except the certainty that it will be hilarious.
7. Ride Along 2: Because I loved part one and Kevin Hart and Ice Cube are the best buddy cop duo since Mel Gibson and Danny Glover in Lethal Weapon.
8. Keeping Up With The Joneses: Because Greg Mottola (of Superbad fame) directs a spy comedy starring Jon Hamm, Zach Galifianakis and Wonder Woman Gal Gadot!
9. Bad Moms: Because the guys who wrote The Hangover are making their debut movie and it stars Mila Kunis, Christina Applegate and Kristen Bell as bad moms -- this could just be Mean Girls but with women.
10. Neighbors 2: Because even though Bad Santa 2 is also releasing this year and I'm personally looking forward to that more, Seth Rogen needs representation in a list like this and so he shall get it!
THE 10 MOST ANTICIPATED HOLLYWOOD DRAMEDIES/ROMCOMS/INDIES
1. Hail, Caesar!: Because this is the final installment of the Numbskull trilogy. George Clooney by the Coen Brothers and to top that, it has Scarlett Johannson, Channing Tatum, Josh Brolin and Jonah Hill too!
2. Me Before You: Because my favourite screenwriters of this generation, Michael H Weber and Scott Neustadter, are writing this romantic drama and I have no doubt it will turn out amazing.
3. Going in Style: Because Zach Braff directs a bank heist comedy featuring Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Alan Arkin!
4. Eddie The Eagle: Because Dexter Fletcher is an underrated gem of a Brit director (check out Wild Bill if you haven't) and this may just be the feel-good film of the year.
5. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot: Because Tina Fey is producing this war comedy that she is also starring in -- plus it's got Martin Freeman and Margot Robbie and Billy Bob Thornton.
6. The Bronze: Because this raunchy sex comedy got tremendous reviews at Sundance last year and is the directorial debut of The Big Bang Theory's Bernadette (Melissa Rausch).
7. Bridget Jones's Baby: Because Renee Zewelleger and Colin Firth are back again and let's admit it, this is going to be a trip down good ol' memory lane.
8. My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2: Because Nia Vardalos and John Corbett are back again and let's admit it, this is going to be a trip down good ol' memory lane.
9. Tumbledown: Because Jason Sudeikis has proved with his recent choices that he's a capable leading man and this film has a lovely logline about love and death, and also stars the lovely Rebecca Hall.
Renee Zewelleger and Colin Firth are back again and let's admit it, Bridget Jones's Baby is going to be a trip down good ol' memory lane.
10. Masterminds: Because though this film has been going through release hell, it's got a crazy cast in Zach Galifianakis, Owen Wilson, Jason Sudeikis and Kristen Wiig, so can't wait!
THE 10 MOST ANTICIPATED HOLLYWOOD ANIMATED FILMS
1. Finding Dory: Because Finding Nemo.
2. The Angry Birds Movie: Because Angry Birds movie!
3. The Secret Life of Pets: Because great teaser.
4. Sausage Party: Because first animated film by Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg!
5. Storks: Because voices by Key and Peele and Andy Samberg and Kelsey Grammar.
6. Kubo and the Two Strings: Because what animation movie has the cast of Matthew McConaughey, Charlize Theron, Rooney Mara, Ralph Fiennes and George Takei!
7. Trolls: Because Anna Kendrick leads this and Anna Kendrick is the best.
8. Sing: Because it's a music animated comedy featuring Matthew McConaughey, Scarlett Johannson and Reese Witherspoon (what?).
9. Moana: Because THE ROCK makes his animated debut.
10. Pete's Dragon: Because it's the remake of a much loved animated classic.
Also see on HuffPost: