Martin Barraud via Getty Images
1. Get 30 minutes of exercise every dayFor most healthy adults, experts recommend at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day. Thirty minutes a day, five times a week is an easy goal to remember, don't you think? Exercising helps in pumping more oxygen into your system; which in turn helps in rejuvenating cells and making you feel refreshed in both mind and body.
2. Start your mornings with warm lemon waterThe way you start each day is incredibly important. Starting your day with warm lemon water and a dash of salt brings in multiple benefits to the body and mind according to Ayurveda. How to make it? Take 200ml warm water in a glass, add in a juice from one lemon and a pinch of salt. Give it a stir and drink it first thing in the morning. How does it help? Lemon water helps in flushing out toxins from our body. It aids in digestion and encourages the production of bile. It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid. It helps cure the common cold. The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells and much more. Click here for more healthy juice and smoothie recipes for your morning.
3. Start the day with a healthy breakfastWith the hectic work and travel schedules of working people and entrepreneurs, making sure you have breakfast as a priority meal for the day is important. Packing your breakfast with grains, proteins and fibre will give you the wholesome nutrition that your body needs to kick-start the day. Visit my website Archana's Kitchen and find tasty breakfast recipes that you can use to make each meal count.
4. Shop, pack and stock healthy snacks for workSnacking is something we all do when we overwork and always reach out for unhealthy treats, because those are the ones that are typically available in the vending machines or in the shops nearby. Even though by now we all know that having smaller multiple meals in the day, helps fight lethargy and even keeps the body healthy, we tend to forget to follow this simple strategy. What you can do This is nice and easy. Keep a couple of canisters on your desk and fill them with trail mix or any other healthy snack. Set yourself pop-up reminders to eat the snacks you have. The reminders not only help you eat them on time, they will also help you not eat them all the time. Essentially you will just wait for a reminder to eat. Isn't that simple? Other healthy snacks that you can store in the office refrigerator are fruits and raw vegetables. Cut them in desired shapes, pack them in Ziploc or airtight boxes that will allow them to last for about three days and place them in the refrigerator. Once again, set reminders so you remember to walk up to the refrigerator to get your sources of fruits and veg.
5. Eat healthy when you travelMost of us tend to abandon the usual rules of healthy eating when we travel, and that's a big problem for frequent travellers. Most often travels are planned. And if you travel often it is very important to take that extra time to find good, simple places that have options for you to eat healthy. What you can do Avoid oily junk foods and try to work on light balanced meals like soup and toast or salads or similar options that you would normally eat at home. Find out the available choices ahead of time, and figure out the healthiest option that appeals to you. The year 2015 is almost over! Start today and stay determined to be fit and healthy to greet the new year! Suggest a correction
Use this form to alert a HuffPost editor about a factual or typographical error in this story.
1000 characters remaining