Are you crazy about Game of Thrones? Do you mark the days up to the next season in your calendar and spend your free time trawling fan forums? Do you think Westeros actually exists in a parallel dimension? Well, you're certainly not alone. One sign of the show's burgeoning popularity is that an increasing number of parents are naming their children after the characters. If you want to follow in their footsteps, look no further. Whether your child is as smart like Tyrion Lannister, or as brave as Arya Stark, we'll help you figure out the perfect GoT name for your little one.
1. Arya is one is one of the bravest and boldest female characters in the Got storyline. She is also widely popular as she follows her heart. If you notice your little child is eager to crawl around, take her first steps and is practically fearless, Arya will make the perfect name for her.
If you notice your little child is eager to crawl around, take her first steps and is practically fearless, Arya will make the perfect name for her.
2. Margaery is beautiful but is also known for her brains. If your little daughter has been babbling away, eager to speak her first words, then Margaery will suit her perfectly. Intelligence is a valued commodity in the GOT universe, and she has it in spades.
3. Tyrion, don't let his diminutive stature fool you, is one of the strongest characters in the story. He was instrumental in the Black Water Bay victory. He is famous for his quick wit, and for being intelligent and a problem solver. If you perceive a certain playfulness paired with extreme intelligence, this name will suit your little boy perfectly.
4. Jon is portrayed by the handsome Kit Harrington. The commander of the night watch, he sacrificed himself to save Wildlings from the White Walkers. He's the ideal son; caring, thoughtful, and brave. His intelligence is often understated. Jon makes a great name for your little boy if he's the same mix of caring and intelligent.
5. In a story line full of beautiful women, Sansa stands out as a graceful, timeless beauty. Portrayed by Sophia Turner, she is slowly developing into a woman of worth. Sansa is a gentle soul who needs to be protected and nurtured. Sansa is also a beautiful name and perfect for your daughter, especially if she displays feminine characteristics.
If you perceive a certain playfulness paired with extreme intelligence, Tyrion will suit your little boy perfectly.
6. Ygritte is the embodiment of beauty and is also a brave warrior. She is part of the wildlings and is fiercely courageous. She is a capable fighter and never seems out of her element. Ygritte has won many hearts with her loyalty. Her red hair matches her fierce personality. Ygritte makes a great name for your little girl. Brave and beautiful are a combination that any parent would be proud of.
7. Jamie, the brother of Tyrion, is a charming character. He is a skilled swordsman and is known for his bravery. He's also protective of those that are important to him. If your son is protective and caring Jamie would suit him well.
8. Whether you know her as Daenerys, Khaleesi or The Mother of Dragons, there's no denying her importance. She believes in equality and justice and equates freedom with happiness. If your little child is a free spirit, then Daenerys will suit her well.
Also see on HuffPost: