NEWS

9-Year-Old Bengaluru Boy, Friend Die After Mistakenly Drinking Acid Instead Of Cold Drink At Birthday Party

He was celebrating his own birthday.

29/09/2017 9:42 AM IST | Updated 29/09/2017 9:53 AM IST
aradaphotography via Getty Images

In a tragic incident, a 9-year-old boy and his friend died on Wednesday, 27 September, after they mistakenly drank sulphuric acid instead of cold drink during a birthday party in Bengaluru.

According to the Times of India report, Sahil Shankar, a class III student, had invited his friends and relatives home for his birthday party. Soon after the cake-cutting ceremony, Sahil and his friend, Aryan, a class II student, went into another room and accidentally drank sulphuric acid.

"The children mistook it for a soft drink and drank it. Soon, they collapsed. The guests rushed the children to a private hospital, which referred them to Victoria hospital, where doctors declared them brought dead," the report quoted a police officer as saying.

Fathers of both the deceased kids are goldsmiths and had sulphuric acid at home for work-related purposes.

Also on HuffPost India:

Male Child Abuse Survivors

More On This Topic

SPONSORED BY THE LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH FOUNDATION