MALAPPURAM -- Nearly 100 persons, including students and teaching staff of an educational institution near Perinthalmanna in the district have been hospitalised for suspected food poisoning, police said on Monday.
Around 100 people of the Aligarh Muslim University's Malappuram Centre in Cherukara were admitted to a private hospital in Perinthalmanna on Sunday night after they started vomiting after dinner.
While 26 of them were discharged on Monday, the others are still under observation. However, their condition is said to be stable, police said.
An internal inquiry has been ordered into the incident by the institute's authorities.
Also On HuffPost:
Suggest a correction