NEWS

Two Toddlers Die After Eating Rat Poison They Found In An Auto-Rickshaw

The incident took place in Ismailpur village, Uttar Pradesh.

19/10/2016 3:16 PM IST | Updated 19/10/2016 3:35 PM IST
NEW! HIGHLIGHT AND SHARE
Highlight text to share via Facebook and Twitter
Getty Images

BARABANKI, Uttar Pradesh -- Two toddlers died today after allegedly consuming rat poison which they mistook to be an edible item in Ismailpur village here.

The two cousins - Divyansh (2) and Hridesh (2) - were playing in an auto rickshaw parked outside their house yesterday when they found rat poison in the vehicle, police said.

Taking it to be edible they consumed it, police said, adding that they were rushed to the Community Health Centre after they started vomiting.

Later, they were referred to a hospital in Lucknow where they died.

A case has been registered and bodies sent for post mortem, police said.

Also On HuffPost:

Amazing Abandoned Children In Literature

More On This Topic