"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living." - Nelson Mandela
There are two types of people in this world; those who bog themselves down with a 9 to 5 job and those who work in a 9 to 5 job and still manage to follow their passion. Look around, and you might just find a rock star disguised as an account manager or an HR representative who moonlights as an artist. There is life outside the four air-conditioned walls of the office and the sooner young professionals realise this, the better it is. So, close those Excel sheets and PowerPoint presentations and pay attention to this article. Here's how you can connect with your passion even while working:
1. Use your weekends judiciously – For most of us, the weekend is all about sleeping. We wake up at 3pm, eat lunch and then sleep some more. And when we are not sleeping, we are either binge watching Netflix or trying to catch Pokémons! While there's nothing wrong with wasting your weekend, there is something wrong about putting your passion on the back burner. So, get out of the funk and do something worthwhile. Join those cooking classes or head out for a walk with your trusted DSLR. Your passion needs time and 48 hours are good enough, to begin with.
2. Instead of wasting time stalking your ex on Facebook, use social media to connect with like-minded people – A quick search on social media will make you realise that there are thousands of people who share the same interests as you. And that's not all. You don't have to send unknown people friend requests to connect with them, instead, simply join the groups they are members of. Social media groups are created with one sole purpose; to connect people with similar interests. So go forth and become a member. Get the conversation flowing and see your love for your passion grow manifold!
3. Stop feeling shy and talk about what you love to do – Sometimes, just talking about your passion is enough to get you motivated. Discuss it with your friends and family so that no matter how weighed down you are with work, there is always someone to remind you about your passion. Also, the support of those around you will ensure that if nothing else, you at least put in a sincere effort to connect with what you love.
4. Set a deadline for yourself – When it comes to presentations, we are so good with meeting deadlines, so why not do the same when chasing your passion? Set a date for yourself to achieve something related to your passion. It could be something as small as taking 5 pictures a week or writing a blog entry every month. Follow through and you will soon realise that the sense of achievement you gain by doing this is unmatched.
5. Live the Crossover Life – In fact, if you really think about it, the best way to accomplish all these points is with the desire to explore, experience, and expand. The wanderlust in you will help you meet new people, have new experiences, and lead a more dynamic life. This in the truest sense of the word is the Crossover Spirit. As long as you have that, nothing can stop you!
And if you already have it, all you need now is a trusted set of wheels that's as dependable in the wilderness as it is in the city streets. With Sedan like comfort combined with the raw power of a rugged SUV, S-Cross is a true crossover. So embrace the Crossover Lifestyle with the S-Cross.Suggest a correction