The winter horseman of Mongolia, two red foxes prancing in snow, the Milky Way over the Atacama Desert in Chile and a rooftop view in Varanasi are just some of the winners of National Geographic's annual Travel Photographer Of The Year contest. To say that these photographs redefine beauty and capture nature in all its magnificence would be an understatement.
You have to see it to believe it. Check out the winning shots of this year's contest.
1. Grand Prize Winner: Winter Horseman by Anthony Lau, Inner Mongolia
2. Second Place Winner, People: Rooftop Dreams by Yasmin Mund, Varanasi, India
3. Third Place Winner, People: Remote Life by Mattia Passarini, Himachal Pradesh, India
4. Honourable Mention, People: Muscle Beach Gym by Dotan Saguy, California, USA
5. First Place Winner, Nature: Wherever You Go, I Will Follow by Hiroki Inoue, Hokkaido, Japan
6. Second Place Winner, Nature: Double Trapping by Massimiliano Bencivenni, Brazilian Pantanal, Brazil
7. Third Place Winner, Nature: Lagunas Baltinache (Atacama Desert) by Victor Lima, Chile
8. Honourable Mention, Nature: Bears on a Berg by John Rollins, Canada
9. First Place Winner, Cities: Ben Youssef by Takashi Nakagawa, Marrakesh
10. Second Place Winner, Cities: Silenced by Wing Ka H., Guangzhou, China
11. Third Place Winner, Cities: Celestial Reverie by Jeremy Tan, Malaysia
12. Honourable Mention, Cities: Divide by Kathleen Dolmatch, New York, USA