CHENNAI -- AIADMK supremo J Jayalalithaa will be sworn in as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister for a second consecutive tenure along with 28 ministers, including her confidant O Panneerselvam, on May 23.
The swearing in function will take place at the Madras University Centenary Auditorium here.
Jayalalitha today called on Governor K Rosaiah at the Raj Bhavan and submitted a letter informing him of her election as Leader of AIADMK legislature party. Rosaiah gave her a letter inviting her to form the government.
"Jayalalithaa furnished a list of persons to be appointed ministers in her cabinet which was approved by Governor Rosaiah," an official release from the Raj Bhavan said.
Jayalalithaa will have portfolios of Home and All India Services including the IAS, public and general administration, stated the release.
- Panneerselvam, Minister for Finance, Personnel and Administrative Reforms again
- MP Dindigul C Srinivasan, Minister for Forests
- P Thangamani, Electricity
- SP Velumani, Municipal Administration and Rural Development
- Edappadi K Palaniswami, Public Works and Highways and Minor Ports
- KT Rajenthra Bhalaji, Rural Industries
- RB Udhayakumar, Revenue
- SP Shanmuganathan, Milk and Dairy Development
- KC Veeramani, Commercial Taxes
Including Jayalalithaa, there will be four women in the Cabinet besides three medical doctors.
Deputy Mayor of Chennai Corporation P Benjamin, who won from Maduravoyal here amid tough competition from DMK, has been named Minister for School Education and Sports and Youth Welfare. MR Vijayabaskar will be Transport Minister.
Edappadi K Palaniswami has been allocated Public Works in addition to the portfolios of Highways and Minor Ports, which he held in the outgoing Cabinet. Sellur K Raju will head Cooperation again besides Labour, it said.