Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddique who was reportedly booked for assaulting a woman over a parking space in their home in Versova, Mumbai denied the charge on Friday afternoon at a press conference.
In January, an FIR case was registered against the Gangs of Wasseypur (2012) actor, by 24-year-old Heena Sheikh, and her family members claiming that Nawazuddin had hit her.
However, Nawazuddin at the press conference today, claimed that not only was the incident unfortunate and planned, he didn’t even know the lady, and had in fact never seen her before.
Nawazuddin Siddiqui opens up about assault charge against him, says it was unfortunate & this was planned pic.twitter.com/ZKtv0WUErz— TIMES NOW (@TimesNow) January 29, 2016
If you carefully look at the notice they (complainants) had shown, it wasn't signed by any of society's members: Nawazuddin Siddiqui— TIMES NOW (@TimesNow) January 29, 2016
I don't know who this complainant Heena Sheikh is, I have never seen her in the society: Nawazuddin Siddiqui— TIMES NOW (@TimesNow) January 29, 2016
He also alleged that the notice had not been signed by any member of the society where he lived, strengthening his suspicion that the entire incident had been planned.
A few days after the FIR was registered, Nawazuddin’s wife filed a counter charge claiming that Sheikh and her family members forcibly entered their home, and misbehaved with them. Nawazuddin also went to the police station to record his statement, and said that he was doing his job as a responsible citizen.
Also See On HuffPost:
Suggest a correction