NEW DELHI -- Following is the chronology in the National Herald case in which Congress President Sonia Gandhi and her son Rahul's pleas challenging summons issued to them by a trial court were today dismissed by the Delhi High Court.
- Jan 2013: National Herald case filed by BJP leader Subramanian Swamy against Sonia and Rahul Gandhi, their companies and associated persons in a Delhi court.
- Jun 26, 2014: Gandhis summoned as accused by a Delhi court in the criminal complaint for alleged cheating and misappropriation of funds in acquiring ownership of now-defunct daily National Herald.
- Aug 1: Delhi HC issues notice to Swamy on a batch of petitions filed by Gandhis and others in the case seeking stay on summons issued for August 7.
- Aug 6: HC stays proceedings against Gandhis and others in the case.
- Dec 15: HC extends stay till disposal of the appeals.
- Jan 12, 2015: Judge recuses from hearing Sonia and Rahul's plea.
- Jan 27: Supreme Court asks Swamy to make out a case for speedy trial in HC since petition cannot be heard directly.
- Dec 4: HC reserves order on pleas.
- Dec 7: HC refuses to quash lower court's summons to Sonia and Rahul Gandhi in the case.
Also On HuffPost: