Microsoft's India-born CEO Satya Nadella was in Mumbai for a day for a company event called the 'Microsoft Future Unleashed' that was attended by CM Devendra Fadnavis, Mahindra Group Chairman Anand Mahindra, Axis Bank head Shikha Sharma and Tata Starbucks CEO Avani Davda.
While his presentation was around forthcoming Microsoft products, he complimented the 'energy' and drive in India. Other than the imminent launch of Lumia 950 XL, key takeways from his address included:
- Microsoft to launch Surface Pro 4 in India in January 2016.
- An India-specific cloud service.
- Work is not a place you go to, work is when you make things happen where you are.
- I am amazed at the energy and ingenuity in India, says the India-born CEO
- “Every successful company has a core. For us it is about empowering every person to achieve more. We have three interlocking ambitions. First is about reinvention of productivity and business processes. Work isn’t a solo experience anymore. The idea of harnessing the power to network is what we want to do with our services.”
- Discussing Hololens, an upcoming product, Nadella said, “Think about the change in landscape this will bring in architecture, healthcare etc. If I had the power of Hololens growing up as an Electrical Engineer, I would’ve understood Maxwell’s equations better!”
- StaffPad, according to Nadella, had a big fan in A.R. Rahman.
(With inputs from PTI)
Also on HuffPost: