No Information About 20 Indians Killed In Yemen, Says Ministry Of External Affairs

08/09/2015 10:34 PM IST | Updated 15/07/2016 8:25 AM IST
Hindustan Times via Getty Images
NEW DELHI, INDIA - AUGUST 31: MEA Official Spokesperson Vikas Swarup briefing the media during a press conference for the forthcoming World Hindi Conference at JNB on August 31, 2015 in New Delhi, India. Around 2,000 participants from India and 27 countries are expected to attend the 10th edition of the Vishwa Hindi Sammelan to be held on September 10-12 in Bhopal. (Photo by Sonu Mehta/Hindustan Times via Getty Images)

Ministry of External Affairs tonight said it has no information about the reports that 20 Indians have been killed in Saudi-led strikes in Yemen.

"We are ascertaining the facts about the reports," MEA spokesman Vikas Swarup said when asked about reports that 20 Indians had been killed in Saudi-led strikes in Yemen.

Some media reports, quoting residents and fishermen, earlier claimed that at least 20 Indian nationals were killed in air strikes by Saudi-led coalition forces on fuel smugglers at Yemen's Hodeidah port today.

They claimed two boats were hit in the attack on an area called al-Khokha near Hodeidah port.

India does not have Embassy in Yemen, which was shut down in April after evacuation of its nationals.

Like Us On Facebook |
Follow Us On Twitter |
Contact HuffPost India

More On This Topic