Now Live Larvae Allegedly Found In Nestle's Milk Powder

02/06/2015 12:23 PM IST | Updated 15/07/2016 8:25 AM IST
Pedro Angelini/Flickr
Visita da Fábrica de Caçapava da Nestlé

If you were just getting over the news that some packets of Nestle's Maggi Noodles contained high level of lead content (Nestle's testing in external labs apparently found they were safe), you'll be shocked to read that now live larvae was allegedly found in a packet of Nestle's milk powder in Tamil Nadu.

Read: Maggi Brand Ambassadors Can Be Liable If Ads Are Found Misleading, Says Govt

According to The New Indian Express, a sample of Nestle's milk powder has been declared unsafe by Tamil Nadu's Food Safety Wing, after a taxi driver's 18-month old allegedly found live larvae and developed skin allergy after consuming Nestle's NAN PRO 3 milk for toddlers.

Read: Case Against Amitabh Bachhan, Madhuri Dixit, Preity Zinta For Promoting Maggi As A Healthy Snack

R Thenmozhi, a food analyst who examined the product for TNIE, said, "The sample of the MILK POWDER — Nestle NAN PRO 3 submitted for analysis does not conform to standards specified under Regulation 2.1.9 (5) of the Food Safety and Standards (Food Products Standards and Food Additives) Regulations as it contains live insects."

Nestle is yet to respond.

Read: 12 Real Struggles Of People Who Love Maggi Too Much

R Kathiravan, the designated food safety officer, confirmed to the veracity of Thenmozhi's report, but said that the results cannot be used to classify all Nestle products as unsafe.

Like Us On Facebook |
Follow Us On Twitter |
Contact HuffPost India

More On This Topic