Samba Terror Attack: Rajnath Assures All Necessary Steps Being Taken To End It

21/03/2015 11:44 AM IST | Updated 15/07/2016 8:25 AM IST
NEW! HIGHLIGHT AND SHARE
Highlight text to share via Facebook and Twitter
Hindustan Times via Getty Images
NEW DELHI, INDIA - MARCH 20: Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh talking to media personnel regarding Kathua terror attack on a Police Station during Budget Session of Parliament on March 20, 2015 in New Delhi, India. Upper House of Parliament passed the Mines and Minerals Development and Regulation (MMDR) Amendment Bill, 2015 (Photo by Vipin Kumar/Hindustan Times via Getty Images)

LUCKNOW — Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Saturday said all necessary actions are being followed with regard to the militant attack on an army camp in Jammu and Kashmir's Samba District.

"We are in touch with the concerned authorities in the state. We have got a call from the Deputy Chief Minister and we have also received information from the intelligence. The necessary actions that are required are being taken," Rajnath Singh told ANI.

Earlier in the day, Defence PRO Lt. Colonel Manish Mehta said no civilian or soldier had been injured in the Samba terror attack.

Mehta said, as per inputs received so far, two people were likely involved in the attack but added that it was difficult to say whether they were from the same group which attacked a police station in Kathua yesterday.

The Samba incident is the second such terror attack in the state in the past 24 hours. The Jammu-Pathankot highway has been sealed following the incident.

Six people, including two militants, were killed yesterday when the Rajbagh police station in Kathua district was attacked yesterday.

More On This Topic