UDHAGAMANDALAM, TAMIL NADU: A 20-year-old male elephant was electrocuted after it came in contact with an electric fence around a farm in Sokkanalli village in Nilgiris district on Sunday.
The village comes under Mudumalai Tiger Reserve.
Villagers noticed the pachyderm lying dead on the electric fence and informed the Forest Department. A team of officials along with a veterinarian then rushed to the spot and retrieved the body, sources said.
One person has been taken into custody for questioning, they said.Suggest a correction